MEDITATIONS FROM THE MAT
Western science is starting to provide some concrete clues as to how Yoga works to improve health, heal aches and pains, and keep sickness at bay. Once you understand them, you'll have even more motivation to step onto your mat.
I myself have experienced Yoga's healing power in a very real way. It is helped me to keep centered through very difficult and stressful times, it has helped take the edge off of depression, has made three pregnancies pleasurable experiences, and has helped me heal from a neurological disorder. I know that Yoga got me to where I am today.
Some of the benefits of Yoga are as follows:
- Improved Flexibility is one of the first and most obvious benefits of Yoga.
- Yoga produces strong muscles.
- Yoga takes your joints through their full range of motion.
- Yoga gets your blood flowing, improving your circulation. Yoga also gets more oxygen flowing to your cells.
- Yoga lowers your risk of heart attack and can relieve depression.
- Regularly practicing Yoga increases the ability to feel what your body is doing and improves balance.
- Yoga can provide relief from hectic modern life, providing down time the nervous system.
- Yoga postures and breathing practices improve immune function.